Job Title: Product Designer with frontend experience
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Paid, commensurate with experience
BioRender is a fast growing SaaS startup. We’re creating the standard visual language of biology and the suite of tools to communicate it. We are a team of passionate engineers, science illustrators, designers and entrepreneurs and are backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y Combinator. We nerd out on cool science stuff and solving big problems. We work really hard and sweat the details to deliver a high impact product that our users love.
The problem we’re solving:
Each year, biomedical researchers waste over a billion hours trying to communicate their research by drawing complex biology figures using tools like PowerPoint. These products weren’t built for scientists so are very time consuming and produce poor quality results. What’s worse, if you google any biological concept you’ll find hundreds of figures that look very different but are trying to communicate the exact same thing. At BioRender, our mission is have every visual representation of biology made and communicated with our tools. We reduce the time it takes scientists to create visuals from hours to minutes while drastically improving the quality. We save scientists 10-20 hours per month, giving them more time for the important stuff!
- Professional experience (3+ years) in digital product design and proficiency in modern design tools (Sketch or Figma)
- Very detail oriented and have up-to-date knowledge on design trends
- Passionate about design but always consider functionality over aesthetics
- Be able to interface/collaborate with full-stack/back-end developer team for seamless integration
- Be very open to discussing process and subscribe to an iterative approach to design
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
- Work closely with our illustration and development team to create and impletement intuitive, easy-to-use user interface designs
- Help with V1 overhaul by creating elegant, industry standard UI designs to replace the first design versions of the web application
- Create low and high fidelity mocks to communicate design process to the team
- Integrate feedback from users to take BioRender’s application interface design to the next level
- Work on optimizing the blog and newsletter so the design/functionality are harmonious and consistent
- Assist with promotional design material as needed (conference material, etc)
Apply: Please email [email protected] with your resume, portfolio link (required) and a short blurb about yourself.