Job Title: Medical/Scientific Illustrator
Location: Toronto, Ontario (on-site position)
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Paid, commensurate with experience
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful Life Science entrepreneurs in the world.
Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
We are looking for a creative, talented and self-driven medical/scientific illustrator to join our growing team. If you're excited about the idea of reaching a global audience, and want to help build a lasting impact on science communication, we want to hear from you!
- Create clean, accurate, 2D vector-based medical and scientific illustrations, animations, and scientific graphics for science illustration platform
- Research and sketch out scientific concepts to be converted into clear and didactic 2D vector graphics
- Collaborate with other team members (including programmers, UX designers, science illustrators, etc) to deliver consistent and cohesive body of work
- Respond to customer requests for science illustration assets as the platform and library grows
- Evaluate and recommend new methods, materials and equipment for use in medical illustration
- Participate in the project plans and maintains it to ensure project deliverables are completed as specified
- Occasional opportunities for traditional illustration work or 3D journal cover art
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (BSc in Life Science or related field)
- Master’s degree in Scientific Illustration (or related field)
- Strong eye for aesthetics/design and a scientific illustration/communication
- Extremely detail oriented and will contribute to group critiques for constant self-improvement
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
- Proven knowledge in the biological sciences (cell, molecular, immunology, etc)
- Strong team player and willing to take on collaborative projects with the team
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee and weekly lunches
- Regular company off-sites
Apply: Please email [email protected] with your resume, portfolio link and a short blurb about yourself.