Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Location: Toronto, Ontario (on-site position)
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Paid, commensurate with experience
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 Billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful Life Science entrepreneurs in the world.
Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Sales Development Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting and developing new business opportunities. If you love transformative technologies and know how to hustle, you’re probably a great fit.
- Prospect new leads (outbound) and create amazing first impressions with potential customers and partners while building pipeline for account executives and senior management
- Follow up and qualify inbound requests via telephone and email, for scientific and business fit
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in CRM and measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of BioRender’s software
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision makers
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at BioRender field events such as executive dinners and happy hours
- Staff trade shows and follow-up on leads collected at the BioRender booth
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline highly recommended (e.g. biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry)
- 1-2 years of experience in a Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative, or similar role including cold calling experience a plus.
- Alternatively, strong interest in SDR role with some prior life sciences experience
- Passionate about BioRender’s mission and the acceleration of life sciences research
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement
- Gritty and resourceful
- Methodical and disciplined work ethic
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee and weekly lunches
- Regular company off-sites
Apply: Please email [email protected] with your resume, availability and a short blurb about yourself.